Dear Parents and Carers
This is a status update to inform you of this ever changing Coronavirus situation and how it affects us. Please read carefully.
In reflection and response to the Government announcement, the next stage of the plan is to close ALL schools and education establishments, the following information is where Buzy Bees currently stand.
We are in NO way dramatising the situation, but are taking a very realistic and responsible approach. It is probable that the country could be on a path to lockdown, as are most of the other countries in the world. This is about keeping as many people safe as possible! This is an unprecedented and surreal world crisis.
As of this Friday 20th March 2020, Buzy Bees is no longer open until the Government announce it is safe to do so.
However we will be open as a FRONTLINE childcare service to our Pre-School families who are on the Government list of Key Workers, along with vulnerable children and children with a care plan (EHCP) and any others that are on the Government list for frontline care, to keep our society going.
As posted on our Facebook page and website, please think carefully if you need to use our frontline childcare service. If it is possible to keep your children at home then please do so.
In doing this we must make it clear that our staff are actually putting themselves and their families at risk, so it is important that families using this frontline service do NOT send children who are showing signs (as per Government guidance) of the Coronavirus or any of their family members. We really don’t want to put our staff in any unnecessary risk especially as they are providing this frontline service to support the Community and Country at this difficult time.
Here is the current situation:
– Buzy Bees is closed until future notice.
– We will open for children whose parents are Key Workers up until Friday 27th March 2020.
– We expect to be closed for our usual Easter break 28th March to 13th April, Returning on Tuesday 14th of April. This will only be for the children of Key Worker Parents. However we will let you know if this changes. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page & website. Thank you.
– Only children who are on the Government list of essential reasons for needing childcare, will be allowed. If unsure please ask us.
– Families who pay for extra sessions will not have to pay for sessions that are unattended due to closure, we hope this helps you. It will put a strain on us, but we are trying our best to support you at this difficult time. However if monies are owed from previous months up to the end of March, please endeavour to pay up to date this week. As we are a non-profit making Charity we need to try our best to keep the Pre-School solvent and pay staff, your fees contribute to this.
-Should we no longer be able to provide this frontline care due to staff illness or isolation, we will let you know ASAP most likely by email.
– We will keep you up to date as soon as things change.
Thank you for your continued support at this very difficult time. Please be sensible, stay safe and take care of your families and others around you.
With kind regards
Sue J and the team